Patios & Paths
The location of your patio and walkways is one of the first elements to consider in planning your design. Think about the shape and size of the patio: you will probably want it to be large enough to hold a barbecue, table and chairs, and possibly some other garden furniture too. And while walkways are generally functional, they can also be decorative; instead of a straight path from the patio to the back gate, for instance, a winding path will add an interesting contour to the shape of your yard.
Paving stones, or pavers, come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, textures and colours. Properly installed, the interlocking shapes produce beautiful and distinctive patios and walkways with an even and durable surface. Soft colours and earth tones age gracefully and blend naturally into the landscape.
Yard Smart can help you pick a style, colour and texture that will complement your home and yard:
- Textures and colours can be mixed to add interest.
- A colour that is a shade or two lighter than the outside of your house will harmonize with it.
- Use brick pavers to add warmth, rough-hewn pavers for a rustic look, or smooth, symmetrical pavers for a more formal appearance.
- Remove and haul away existing material
- Grade surface to 9" depth
- Install landscape fabric
- Install and compact crusher dust base
- Install required paving stone edging
- Install paving stone
- Sweep in brick sand and compact paving stone
To use Quick Quote for paved areas:
- Measure the length and width of the area in feet, and multiply the two numbers together to get the total square footage (you might need to be a little creative for areas that are not rectangular).
- Click on the link below, and enter the square footage in the popup window that appears.
- Prices for paving stone vary according to type and quality. The Quick Quote will calculate an approximate price based on brick paving; actual price may vary depending on your choice of material.